Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 68: Here I Am, Lord


Here I Am, Lord
Hymn: Daniel Schutte
Text: Isaiah 6:8, 1 Samuel 3
ELW #574




Perhaps you might want to....
Listen as a morning devotion
Sing along as an afternoon offering
Watch as an evening prayer

(click on the words above to view)

Here I am Lord, is it I Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
my hand will save.
I, who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send?

I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone, Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them, Whom shall I send?

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
my hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide, Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them, Whom shall I send?

Day 68. Dollar 68. Thank you, Hunger Relief Community, for answering with a resounding, "Here I Am, Lord" when asked to care for the needs of others. May God bless you as you begin another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment